The museum is moving from November 15 to 19
- Lisa Anderson has been appointed interim CEO of Brixton’s The Black Cultural Archives (BCA) and will begin the new role on December 6, replacing Arike Oke.
Exhibitions and demonstrations
- Opening this Saturday, Fabergé in London: from romanticism to revolution at the V&A will be the first major exhibition of the eminent Russian silversmith. November 20, 2021 – May 8, 2022.
- Paddington: A Bear’s Story, an exhibition that celebrates over 60 years of the literary favorite – and now the big screen -, begins this week at Tullie House. From November 20, 2021.
- The National Army Museum in Chelsea has teamed up with historian, writer and broadcaster James Holland to present Brothers in Arms, a free temporary exhibit telling the story of Sherwood Rangers Yeomanry from D-Day to Victory Day. December 9, 2021 – May 6, 2022.
- Tthe science museum opened Ancient Greeks: Science and Wisdom, a free exhibit featuring rare items, most of which have never been seen before in the UK, as well as scientific research into ancient civilization. November 17, 2021 – June 5, 2022
- Tate Modern is to present the largest solo exhibition of artist Lubaina Himid to date, with over 50 works incorporating new paintings, sound works, installations and career highlights in a new dedicated exhibition. November 25, 2021 – July 3, 2022
- Tate Liverpool announced “Radical Landscapes,” a new landscape art exhibition that will feature over 150 works, including the immersive installation by Ruth Ewan, Back to the Fields 2015-22, and a new commission by artist Davinia-Ann Robinson . May 2022.
- An exhibition exploring the work of John Constable, one of Suffolk’s most famous artists, will open at Christchurch Mansion In Ipswich, which will coincide with the 200th anniversary of The Hay Wain, one of Constable’s most famous works. November 7, 2021 – April 24, 2022.
The Curatours virtual museum platform opens its first “Museum of Plastic”
Culture Recovery Fund: Museums and heritage sites win £ 107million share
11 curators share £ 300,000 via Headley Fellowships and Art Fund
- Browsholme Room in Lancashire was named the first recipient of the Sustainability Award, a new award from the non-profit cooperative association Historic Houses.
- Essex tourist attraction and registered charity, Markshall Domain, will mark a milestone anniversary this Sunday with special admission prices and a host of free activities. November 21, 2021.
- The BALTIC Center for Contemporary Art has launched a program of exhibitions and events to celebrate its 20th anniversary in 2022.
- The Comic-Con Museum in San Diego unveiled its inaugural exhibits ahead of a smooth opening on November 26, which includes a history of the work of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry, a PAC-MAN arcade and a celebration of the cultural heritage of Archie Comics.