The Clatsop County Cultural Coalition will distribute a total of $ 11,950 in grants to 10 local organizations for projects and events planned across the county in calendar year 2022.
“How fortunate we are to live in Clatsop County, which is teeming with arts, heritage and the humanities,” said Coalition Co-Chair Janet Bowler. “Each of these recipients contributes to the rich cultural fabric of Clatsop County, and their projects and programs will help this place continue to be a great place to live.”
The scholarships were distributed at a small ceremony held on December 7 at the Coaster Theater Playhouse in Cannon Beach. Attendees enjoyed live music provided by the Seaside High School a cappella choir. The recipients also briefly explained how they would use the grants to fund their individual projects, programs and events.
Here is a list of this year’s recipients, the amounts awarded and their intended use:
- Friends of Suomi Hall, $ 2,000: Suomi Summer School
- Sunset Empire Recreation Foundation, $ 2,000: Sound booth for the Sunset Recreation Center
- Astoria Scandinavian Midsummer Festival Association, $ 1,400: Traditional dance workshops
- Coaster Theater, $ 1,250: dimming circuits for the performance hall
- Partners for the PAC, $ 1,200: Renovation of the Charles Larsen Performing Arts Center sign
- Tenor Guitar Foundation, $ 1,100: Video production of the annual gathering in 2022
- Astoria Visual Arts (AVA), $ 750: Creating an Astoria Art Guide
- Hanthorn Cannery Foundation, $ 750: fire sprinklers and warning system
- North Coast Chorale, $ 750: production “Diversity through music”
- Ten Fifteen Productions, $ 750: Increased advertising at the Ten Fifteen Theater in Astoria
Events and infrastructure projects will take place between January 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022. The coalition does not report directly to the IRS or any other tax entity, but all grants received from the Oregon Cultural Trust are of public knowledge.
“We hope all Oregon residents take advantage of the Oregon Tax Credit to donate to the Oregon Cultural Trust and that funding will continue to flow to local nonprofits for projects that benefit the entire community, ”said Coalition Co-Chair Charlene Larsen.
About the Clatsop County Cultural Coalition
The vision of the Clatsop County Cultural Coalition is to “support, promote, preserve and protect various cultural programs that define who we are as a community, support our connections with others and strengthen our sense of belonging in the world around us. “.
The main function of the coalition is to allocate funds from the Oregon Cultural Trust in the form of grants. However, the Coalition works to foster culture in Clatsop County and promote the Oregon Cultural Trust. Members represent a variety of geographic locations and participate in the full range of local arts, heritage and humanities. Members can also be selected in general.