Summer favorites are back at the Annenberg Community Beach House
May 18, 2022 2:29 p.m.
The Annenberg Community Beach House kicks off the summer season with events and opportunities for everyone to enjoy the seaside public space. Guests can explore complimentary amenities such as the popular wading pool, playground, tours of historic Marion Davies Guest House, use of courts and beach fields, limited first-come, first-come seating served with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean.
Favorite summer deals include:
• Weekends from May 28 and daily from July 1 to September 5. Canopy reservations are available for groups of up to 30 people.
• Wednesday June 15, 7:30 p.m. LGBTQIA+ storytelling event with The Braid. Listen to funny, poignant and true stories exploring cross-cultural queer identity in today’s world. Part of SaMo PRIDE.
• Friday, June 17, 10 a.m., Drag Queen Storytime. An interactive story hour designed to challenge restrictive gender stereotypes, encourage self-expression and promote diversity and inclusion. Part of SaMo PRIDE.
• Saturday June 18, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m., Cardboard Yacht Regatta Day. Teams pre-build cardboard and tape boats for a race across the pool.
• From Sunday 19 June to Tuesday 5 September. Pool open for recreational swimming. Passes are sold on a first-come, first-served basis and go on sale one hour prior to pool opening. All members of a group must be present at the time of purchase. The schedule will change throughout the summer. Check annenbergbeachhouse.com for the latest information.
• Friday June 24, 6 p.m. – 9 p.m., Pride Sunset Swim. A queer, safe, accessible and non-judgmental space for everyone; hosted by RuPaul’s Drag Race All-Star Tammie Brown, with free floats and s’mores. Part of SaMo PRIDE.
• Tuesday July 12, Friday July 22, Friday August 12 and Friday August 26, from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m., Swimming at sunset. Recreational swim sessions for ages 18 and up with free floats and s’mores.
• Thursday July 14 and Thursday August 11, from 5 pm to 8 pm Picnic at sunset. A community picnic for all ages.
• Friday July 15, Friday July 29 and Friday August 12, from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Beachfront Storytime with Santa Monica Public Library. Ocean themed stories, songs and rhymes. For 2 years.
• Throughout the summer: Recreational courses stand-up paddleboarding, semi-private swim lessons for youth, floating fitness workouts, volleyball for adults and youth, yoga and Bounce Gym for kids. Rentals for stand up paddle boards and free beach wheelchairs are available.
The Annenberg Community Beach House at Santa Monica State Beach is operated by the City of Santa Monica. The Beach House is made possible by a generous gift from the Annenberg Foundation, under the direction of Wallis Annenberg, and in partnership with the City of Santa Monica and California State Parks. Additional funding was provided by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development.
For more information, visit annenbergbeachhouse.com or call (310) 458-4904.
Public Information Coordinator
Parks and recreation, Places to visit
City Manager’s Office