SAN DIEGO, March 24, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Virbela®, an immersive technology company redefining the workplace for global enterprises, today unveiled a newly designed virtual campus, a more flexible avatar system, and native integration with Zoom. These innovations will give companies and their employees greater choice and control over how they work, connecting people regardless of their physical location, while creating a greater sense of community and culture.
“The enterprise metaverse is here, and Virbela helps address common workplace challenges that remote and hybrid organizations face today,” said Alex Howland, President and Co-Founder, Virbela. “Over the next five to 10 years, we envision millions of individuals and thousands of organizations operating in Virbela’s virtual worlds, and we’ve designed our platform from the ground up to grow with and help organizations improve the employee experience, operate more efficiently, and build a strong community and culture.
Virbela enables companies to create more human-centric workplaces that blend physical and virtual work environments to seamlessly connect people around the world. Today’s product announcements include:
Newly designed Virtual Campus: A new generation of visual and functional updates have been designed to improve the user experience, providing greater control and customization.
- Modern and familiar – Inspiration is drawn from real cities, business centers and nature.
- New Grid Layout – More flexibility and control is offered, making it perfect for businesses looking to invest in building their own virtual real estate.
- Dynamic Architecture – This opens the door to creating digital twins of physical spaces and brand experiences.
Advanced avatar system – Virbela set out to create the most diverse, inclusive and flexible avatar system available today.
- Users will have full control over their appearance and experience.
- Billions of customization options are available to ensure everyone is represented (e.g. gender, body type, style, mobility, etc.).
Zoom integration – This is the first of many native integrations that Virbela will have in leading workplace collaboration tools available to businesses today.
- Connect to a Virbela meeting, wherever you are and from any device.
- Employees can log in any way they want: in the metaverse, a physical office, or by logging in from home.
Some of the most innovative companies are already using Virbela to create experiences that foster collaboration and build community – including recruiting and orientation of new hires, learning and development programs, company-wide meetings, teams offsite, industry events and more.
“Virbela is one of eXp Realty’s greatest competitive advantages, enabling our exponentially growing cloud-based brokerage model with 20 markets around the world and over 77,000 agents,” said Jason Gesing, CEO, eXp Realty. “Not only are we the only real estate company in the industry operating 100% in a virtual world – from agent recruitment to C-suite, board meetings and investor conferences – but we have Voted one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work for five years in a row, Virbela gives us a sense of a place to build a community so we can come together, engage and grow.
Virbela continues to push the boundaries of what is possible in the large-scale metaverse:
- Supports thousands of users at once – Virbela’s virtual campus can host more concurrent users in any environment than any other platform.
- Community Experiences Launched – Communities can live and create groundbreaking cultural experiences together (Black History Library, Women in Technology Panel).
- FRAMEWORK™ product updates – Virbela’s FRAME team continues to push the boundaries of what can be done in virtual spaces directly from a browser, most recently launch the FRAME app on the Microsoft Teams App Store, announcing 100-user capacity, integration with Ready Player Me avatars, and several new meeting environments.
These updates and more were revealed today at the company’s first-ever Community Summit, Hands in 2022, which also celebrates 10 years of Virbela creating positive desktop experiences in the metaverse. The new Virtual Campus will be available to existing and new customers in the coming weeks. Additional product updates will begin rolling out in Q2.
Virbela is an immersive technology company redefining the workplace for global enterprises. Founded in 2012 by a team of behavioral psychologists, Virbela develops the next generation of metaverse and virtual reality products to give organizations and people greater choice and control over the way they work. With deeply social and collaborative immersive virtual environments, the world’s most innovative companies turn to Virbela to create unique experiences that foster collaboration and build community.
Virbela is owned by eXp World Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: EXPI). To visit our virtual offices, visit virbela.com. Subscribe to our Blog or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter to participate in the discussion.
Photos accompanying this announcement are available at: